Youth Company Materials
CONGRATULATIONS on being selected to perform in AACT's first YouthFest during the National Festival of AACTFest 2017. You are one of only four companies with this honor!
Important information and forms for Youth Companies are available here. Scroll down for important deadlines, and information to assure your theatre has a rewarding experience in participating in the 2017 YouthFest. Scroll further to download materials that you need.
NATIONAL FESTIVAL COMPANY DEADLINES & INSTRUCTIONS
Due immediately - if not already submitted
- Entry Information – aact.org/national-entry
- Promotional Information, Production Photos, and Company Logo – aact.org/promotional
Due by April 1 - Send to AACT, 1300 Gendy St, Fort Worth, TX 76107 or email@example.com
- Performance Scripts – Four (4) copies are required for the YouthFest Adjudicators and staff. Send original copies (no reproductions) with all cuts/alterations indicated to the AACT office.
- AACTFest Warranty of Company Compliance - download Form T2 below
- AACTFest Affidavit of Actor Eligibility - one for each actor performing - download Form T3 below
Due by April 1 – submit online
- AACTFest Company Registration – Click here to register. In the Registration screen, click on "Register Now." On the form that appears, select the number to be registered in the drop-down box for the first question: "How many people are you registering?" If registering more than 10 people, register 10, then repeat the process. After you register the first person, a new form will appear for the second person, etc. When selecting fees, select "Full Registration," "Member Discount/Performing Company Discount," and "Youth Discount" for those 18 and under. Make other choices as appropriate, such as the Monologue Competition. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-732-3177 for questions or assistance.
Due by May 18
- Technical Information for Youth Festival – aact.org/tech-youth
- Program Information – aact.org/program
- Company Travel Information – aact.org/travel
Due by May 28
- Make hotel reservations. For AACTFest 2017 there is not one "official hotel," but three offering discounts, and all connect to Rochester's Skyway system. DoubleTree Hotel - $154; Hilton Garden Inn (includes breakfast) - $134; Kahler Grand Hotel - $124. Go to aact.org/aactfest-2017-transportation-hotels and follow the links to make your reservations. Don’t wait until the last minute!
SETTING THE SCENE
AACT YouthFest shows will have 30 minutes "rehearsal" time on the stage before the first performance. Time to set up before the Saturday performance will be almost nil. Therefore, sets and flying pieces will not be allowed. Companies may bring a limited amount of furniture, props, and other items, but they must be approved in advance by the Festival Technical Liaison Bob Frame (email@example.com).
- If shipping large props to Rochester, email Shipping Scenery Request. This will go to Janet Roeder at Rochester Civic Theatre (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tracy Austin of the Rochester CVB (email@example.com), and copy Festival Technical Liaison Bob Frame (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If trashing large items after performance, there will be a nominal dumpster fee and advance request is needed. Contact Janet Roeder at (janet @rochestercivictheatre.org).
MATERIALS TO DOWNLOAD
1 Company Letter Youth
Download Company Letter Youth 17.pdf (270.74 KB)
2 Checklist - Youth Company
Download 2 Checklist YouthFest 17.pdf (87.19 KB)
4 T2 Warranty of Company Compliance
Download 4 Form T2 2017.pdf (142.1 KB)
5 T3 Affidavit Of Actor Eligibility
Download 5 Form T3 2017.pdf (97.98 KB)
6 RCT Ground Plan
Download 6 RCT Ground Plan.pdf (169.62 KB)
7 RCT Stage Ground Plan
Download 7 RCT Stage Ground Plan.pdf (167.55 KB)
8 RCT Section View
Download 8 RCT Section View.pdf (142.23 KB)
9 Festival Light Plot
Download 9 AACTFest Light Plot.pdf (256.09 KB)
9.1 Festival Lighting Schedule
Download 9.1 Lighting Schedule AACTFest 17.pdf (26.34 KB)